Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Colours of Turkey

Turkey was full of amazing inspiring colours and patterns. I really wanted one of these beautiful lamps but didn't think I could return with it in one piece!!

We visited a carpet weavers and saw the beautiful patterns and colour ways the talented women were weaving.
Architecture in Ephesus, an old tiny Greek ghost town now inhabited by Turks and a really decorative mosque.
I love the tradition of the 'Nazar boncugu' meaning evil eye, coloured eye like stones are attached to cars, houses, pets and babies to protect them from evil.

2 comments:

  1. oooo turkey is amazing :) i brought 2 of those lamps last year when we went. They came back to the UK all in one piece but one of them has been broken here! Really want to buy a rug too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I am jelous of your lamps!! But I find a cool blue rug in a market!

    ReplyDelete